Tuesday 21 June 2016

Manila: Philippine National Museum




It was Sunday and bored at home so think of a place which is near I can go to. Been feed up with malls so I decided to visit the Philippine National Museum. It's just when we get there that I knew that entrance is free during Sundays, what a good timing. 

Looking at the artworks of the Filipino, I can say I am proud to be one. It was a nostalgic experience and needless to say, it’s impressive.



Untitled (Diwata), Guillermo E. Tolentino, Reinforced concrete, circa 1950s
 El Asesinato del Gobernador Bustamante, Felix Resurreccion Hidalgo, Oil on canvas, 1853
Spoliarium, Juan Luna y Novicio, Oil on canvas, 1884


MFP Hall, Gallery dedicated to The Progress of Medicine in the Philippines series of paintings by Carlos “Botong” V. Francisco.










Security Bank Hall, featuring the work of sculptor Guillermo E. Tolentino:






No comments:

Post a Comment