Sunday 1 May 2016

Bukidnon: Dahilayan Adventure Park, Asia's Longest Double Zip Line and Forest Park



Woke up early in the morning and excitedly hopped in the car bound to Bukidnon. Coming from CDO, it was roughly 1 hour and 30 minute ride. Dahilayan Adventure Park is nestled at the foor of Mt. Kitanglad in the town of Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. 

Passed by Camp Philips, a long vast pineapple plantation on our way to Dahilayan. 



After the rough and dusty trail, we finally reached the park.



Exploring the place, there were lots of pine trees, and the cold breeze, reminded me of Baguio.



Dahilayan, being the home of the asia's longest double zipline. I won't miss the chance of trying it. Chose to avail the all rides zip line where I was able to do the 320 meters+ 150 meters Dual Zipline. I was not thrilled as I was able to do this kind of zip line when I went to Subic, so this was just a warm up for me.



After the 2 short zip lines, we rode a multi-cab to the launch point that is 4,700 feet above sea level. Measured at 840 meters, it felt like I was flying like superman through the rain forest. It was a very exciting experience, while on the zip line, you can almost touch the branches of the pines below.


After the zip line experience I was excited to try drop zone. This was my very first experience of a free fall. Together with a friend we did the tandem free fall at the height of 120ft. They said that this is the Philippine's first extreme pendulum swing of it's kind. Honestly, my heart beat faster than the zip line. We were pulled up slowly and upon reaching the top, one of us should pull the release and being my first time, I didn't want to pull it, so my friend didn't had any choice but to pull it.

We were hanging up so high, it felt like almost reaching the clouds.
and this happened.....


Swinging back and fort, it was worth it! Such an unforgettable experience.



Fees for the ride:
All Rides Zip Line Php 600

Dropzone Tandem Php 750


After the extreme experience that drained our energy (because of shouting so hard :)), we went to Forest Park just beside the Dahilayan Adventure Park and had picnic lunch. Another wonderful place, can't believe we have places like this in the Philippines. There were also a lot of activities to try here like zorb, ATV, etc.  

So happily playing around the pine trees and those life-size animals around the place. 








No comments:

Post a Comment