Sunday 8 May 2016

My First Flight Abroad


During my first flight abroad way back 2012, I was very excited and anxious at the same time. It was my best friend's birthday celebration and I decided to join her in Hongkong. We just booked a flight 2 weeks before our departure, such a short preparation and we were ready to go.

It's good that it's not my best friend's first time to go out of the country, so she was able to give me some tips on the things I need to prepare, my baggage, answering immigration questions, etc.

We arrived in the airport 2 hours before the flight and managed to process all the documents and payed travel taxes on time. Then there goes my immigration Q&A experience. First, the immigration officer asked me where am I going and I said I'll be travelling to Hongkong. He asked if I have already booked accommodation and how much money I brought. When I said that I'll be staying on my best friend's aunt house, he then ask for more questions. Its good that I brought my company ID with me as he did asked for my certificate of employment but I said I didn't bring one so he asked for my company ID. After around 10 minutes of Q&A, he then finally stamped my passport and headed to the departure area.





Touch down Hongkong..







No comments:

Post a Comment